June was quite a month, filled with many great adventures and lots of ideas and new things that I’m excited to bring to the blog in July! Along with those great times came some pretty big realizations: My expectations are way too high.
While reviewing the schedule I made about a month ago, I realized that the posting schedule I made for myself the week that I’m going to be in New York was just bonkers.
There was no way I was going to have the time or the energy to be able to produce quality content for people who deserve it.
So, instead of continuing with the plan to spread myself too thin, I altered the schedule for the month of July. Keep scrolling to see what I’m talking about!
Week 1: June 30- July 6
- July 1st- July Schedule (3pm)A revamp of the schedule with fresh ideas and improvements!
- July 4th- July 3rd/4th Celebration (3pm)A post including pictures and videos of me and my friends at the City’s July 4th Celebration!
Week 2: July 7-13
- July 7th- First Showtune Sunday (3pm)Showtune Sunday is an opportunity for me and my fellow theatre nerds to gush about our favorite Cast Albums, Broadway Stars, and Anything Musical Theatre. It will include things like Album Reviews, Broadway News/Updates, and anything else that may come to mind!
- July 11th- Explaining the NSLC Program (3pm)A chance to tell all of you about the wonderful program that I’m going to be allowed to take part in all the way in New York City
Week 3: July 14-20
- July 14th- Showtune Sunday (3pm)Showtune Sunday is an opportunity for me and my fellow theatre nerds to gush about our favorite Cast Albums, Broadway Stars, and Anything Musical Theatre. It will include things like Album Reviews, Broadway News/Updates, and anything else that may come to mind!
- July 17th- Preparing for New York! (3pm)What I’m packing, a clip of my crazy excitement, and a checklist that I’ll run through (along with tips and tricks for packing and getting calmed for a first flight ever.)
- July 20th- I’m In New York City! (3pm)I’ve landed and I’m here to tell you all about it! Once I get settled in my room and meet my roommate, I’ll start the first video and talk about what the day was like!
Week 4: July 21-27
- July 21st-July 27th: Daily End-Of-The-Day Video Recaps (7pm)Each Day (on the trip) I’ll film an end-of-the-day recap video and post it on here with little to no other text or explanation than what’s in the video!
Week 5: July 28- August 3
- July 28th- It’s Time To Go Home (3pm) I’ll talk about the flight home and do a quick recap of the trip, explaining when I’ll post a review of the shows I had the opportunity to see!
- July 29th- NSLC Program Recap/Review (3pm)I’m having a sit down with you guys, my laptop, and a solid chunk of time to review and discuss the National Student Leadership Conference Theatre Program that I had the chance to participate in this summer!
- July 31st- August Schedule (3pm) A recap of the month and a schedule for August, a back-to-school, most likely stress-induced fun time!
I’m so looking forward to going on these adventures, and I’m even more excited to take you guys along with me! I hope you guys enjoy what I bring you this month, and I hope I keep my end of the deal by bringing it to ya!
I’ll write you all on Thursday! Be prepared for many a cute picture and lots of videos of me and my friends being dumb. Scroll down to follow me on Instagram so you don’t miss a thing!
Hi guys! Thanks so much for reading my blog post!
Let’s all give a special and most thankful round of applause to my gorgeous and talented friend Natalie Ramos for our new logo! She dealt with my extreme pickiness and bizarre last-minute changes for well over a week and gave me the most beautiful thing back!
Lots of fun things are coming up, and I’m really excited to bring you along with me to experience and read about them!
As usual, like and comment if you please, I’d love to learn about you and your thoughts on my writing or my blog so far! If you have any thoughts on this post or have any suggestions for what you’d like to see from me in the future, please let me know! I’d love to hear from you all!
Also! Let me know what you think of the new site design, schedule, or the logo itself! Let me know if there’s anything you guys would be interested in seeing from me and I’ll respond as soon as I can!
Thank you all so much, and I’ll be back on Thursday with a red, white, and blue filled Fourth of July Post!
Want more updates on the blog of info about me? Follow my social media below!